ThorAcc® Sternal Closure System
ThorAcc® is a simple non-invasive device developed to assist sternal closure. Traditionally, closing the sternum has required manual handling from surgical assistants which is particularly challenging especially in obese patients. G+N’s ThorAcc® sternal closure system is ideal for cardiothoracic surgery.
ThorAcc® sternal closure system:
- Aids control of sternal closure.
- Facilitates uniform alignment of the divided sternum.
- Reduces the force required to pull and tighten sternal wires.
- Reduces risks of additional trauma due to the ‘cheese wire’ effect.
- Helps to equalise pressure on all sternal wires.
- Reduces the risks associated with manual handling by staff.
- Maintains patient position during sternal wiring.
Controlled inflation of sectioned air cells allows the shoulders and sides to be pushed upwards and inwards.
|This in turn helps to reduce the force required when tightening the wires to bring the sternal edges together and ensures a more controlled and uniform alignment.|
|Two sets of paired air cells are used to facilitate closure for all body sizes giving controlled and uniform alignment.|
|Item Number||Product Description|
|311012||ThorAcc Hand Controller|